Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday the 17th



Hola!

As you guys know, I've been editing The Secret Vows for awhile now. So far my first-edit drafts are done! I've gone through and fixed spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes, and changed around some sentences and stuff in the plot. A couple friends that I go to school with also looked over it for me and helped edit.

I love them for doing that! I think I'd go crazy if it weren't for all their great advice!

Unfortunately, for me, the editing isn't done yet. :(

I'll be honest, editing isn't one of my favorite things to do. It can be really stressful looking back on work and trying to make everything perfect. But the outcome success is far better then then the stress of it all because of the well put together product.

So anyways, I've been going through the paperback proof copy and making marks and what not in it and then going back on my computer document and changing them. (The computer document is what is sent in to the publisher to be made into the book.) Right now I'm probably only six chapter into editing in the paperback, and I just started going through and changing the document version.

It's time consuming, and I've been procrastinating a little, but I am pushing myself to get it done. Like I said, the edits aren't fun but they are very important in a book. :)

So I guess it's good that my winter vacation is this week. Now I have time to go through and edit my book like it needs.

*Sigh.*

That's pretty much it for The Secret Vows. I'm hoping to extend the book length a good 20-30 pages after all the edits are done. But we'll see where that leads us once I'm done with the editing process. :)

I've also got some news about it that I'm not quite ready to share right now, but I am excited about it.

Let's save that for another post. ;)

Until next time guys,

-B.C. Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment